Monday, August 25, 2014

First and Last

There are many "firsts" and "lasts" in this life, some more pleasant than others.  And, often times, it is all in how you look at it as to whether they are pleasant experiences or not. 

Today we had a first and a last all rolled into one.  Today, Autumn, our oldest, had her LAST first day of school and Brooke, our youngest, had her FIRST day of high school.  And just like I have done for 12 years, I had them pose for a picture to document their first day of a new school year.  All pretty and pressed with new outfits on, brand new notebooks not worn and tattered from being thrown in the back of the car or on the floor in their bedrooms. 

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I knew the day would come when Autumn would be all grown up.  But, somehow, you are never prepared for it.  Now matter how hard you try, you just can't keep them little.  I can only take comfort in the fact that I still have Brooke for four more years and they sure have come up nicely!  Beautiful, bright young ladies. 







A very pleasant experience, indeed.

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment